I've been setting goals for the last few years and it's really helped me to remember what's important in life and the things I need to strive for in the new year. I repeat some of my goals that I feel are important year after year and I feel I haven't reached my potential yet. Then others are new adventures and I can't wait to get started. So many goals are not listed here, but are things I just keep trying to do more of like: volunteering, sewing, crocheting, and having fun just living!
My #1 goal is to be the best wife, mother, grandmother, sister, and aunt I can.
Sometimes I fail but I keep trying!
2. Get healthier, lose weight, and exercise!
We realized around April this past year that we needed to get more serious about our health. We were doing so well, then we fell off the bandwagon a little bit around Halloween, a little bit more at Thanksgiving, and then it was all down hill from there till a few days after Christmas. Now we need to get back to our diet and lose that stupid 5 pounds all over again (I did lose 13 pounds and kept it off).
Our health is our wealth!
|I was able to meet one of my favorite authors, Beverly Lewis this past year!|
4. Expand my horizons and learn something new. I want to repair and learn how to use this treadle sewing machine I bought last fall, learn how to knit, and learn how to play mandolin. Not all in that order.
5. Grow more vegetables and do more winter sowing. I want to grow more things like spaghetti squash, zucchini, and lettuce. Who knew that I would fall in love with eating these vegetables.
You know, I love learning new/old ways of gardening. Last night I found this video, Gardening with Ruth Stout. It's so interesting and I think I will try to do some of it this year.
6. I love my readers and I hope to keep improving this blog. Here are some of the ways I have already started and some other improvements I hope to accomplish soon:
1. The last month or so realized that some of my older DIY's were not showing up when you searched for them. Some of them were from 2015, so maybe they were just too old? I made a few new pages and if you look at the top of my blog (before you see the posts) you will see the tabs. I'm updating them as I remember posts, so it's not finished yet. It's definitely a work in progress and I hope to finish it soon.
2. I have been hearing over and over that they are saying goodbye google +. I don't know what that means for my comments so I hope to research and find out what to do now. I learn so much from your comments!
Also, if you only follow me on google + please think about other ways to subscribe to my blog. I don't want to lose any reader in the process! The ways to subscribe are below.
Have you made your goals list for the new year?