Happy Mother's Day!
We didn't find too many garage sales yesterday but I did manage to buy a rain barrel $18. I saw it on line for around $90.00 without tax. Although it's been raining forever here in Michigan there always seem to be a drought in the middle of the summer. So this will be needed for sure. She said she planted flowers on top but I'm not sure how they wouldn't just wash out. I might have to give it a try though. Now to clean it up a little.
Sold 3 items on Facebook this past week (clearing out the garage).
Sorry I didn't get to my grocery post yesterday. After garage sales we celebrated Mother's Day early with a nice dinner out with family (my oldest daughter had a groupon). I hate to wait in line to eat out on Mother's Day.
My best deal grocery shopping was a bag of apple's $1 at the fruit market. It had one bad apple so the cashier told us we could buy it for a dollar. They are so honest we didn't even see the bad apple. How did you do grocery shopping?
Made home made ricotta cheese, my usual yogurt, and blueberry muffins for breakfast this morning (I made a Keto recipe I found online).
Ordered a $5 Gift card for Christmas from Swagbucks.
I received another $10 off $10 coupon for Staples and bought a headset for my Kindle.
Work on organizing the garage more so I can get to things.
Weed and put down more mulch around trees.
What are the ways you saved this past week?
Be sure to
That is a great deal on the rain barrel. I hope you love yours as much as I do. They are great.
Happy Mother's Day! Have a great week.
I'm excited to get one finally Cheryl. It will come in handy after we get through this monsoon. I hope you have a great day as well!
Here in Ohio, we also get regular rainfall, but in mid summer certainly appreciate our rain barrels! Hope you love yours too!! How do you make homemade ricotta? I would love your recipe/directions!!
I just made 17 jars of raspberry jam yesterday from baskets of raspberries that were 2/$1! Took under 90 minutes from the time I started cleaning/washing raspberries to when my breakfast bar had the jars all cooling!
Love this time of the year!
I got my recipe from one of the groups on Facebook that I belong to...maybe you do to. I'll see if you do. That's jam sounds so delicious. I bet you are glad it didn't take long. Have a great night.
Happy Mother's Day! :-) Have a wonderful day!
I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day as well Melissa!
Hi Vickie and the rain barrel will come in handy for watering some of your gardens in the summer and a good deal indeed :). How much water does the rain barrel hold ?, we tend to have rainwater tanks here so totally different in Australia. Happy Mother's Day to you and all the other mothers here too, that includes all that may not have children but look after other children too :) .
Our goals this week is to set our raised garden beds set up with amended and install the drip irrigation system for them.
Our savings last week added up to $679.27 :) .
- We were given a large table plus a 6 burner BBQ from a friend free.
- Our lovely next door neighbour gave us lots of rockmelons and honey due melons as well as a watermelon from her garden.
In the kitchen -
- Made all our bread and meals from scratch.
- Made a double batch of coconut choc chip biscuits saving $11.83 over purchasing in the shops.
In the gardens -
- Amended soil with manure and planted our canna, calla and spider plants in the gardens around the house.
- Put together 6 x 2.1 x .9 m above ground garden beds we purchased earlier.
- DH plowed down one side of the house yard ready for us to amend the soil to put some bee attracting shrubs or herbs in and to give us some privacy and shade for the garden beds when we get them going.
- I earned $40 from the sale of 3 x 5 layer cotton eye masks I made.
Finances and eBay listings -
- We paid our usual fortnightly mortgage payment.
- I listed 24 handmade items on a free listing promotion on eBay saving $39.60 on usual listing fees.
- Purchased a 30 x 3.66 m roll of 50% shadecloth on eBay saving $501 over buying it by the metre in the hardware stores.
- Purchased bulk drip irrigation pieces, tap fittings, timers and hose in the local agricultural store saving $119.06 over buying them in the local hardware stores.
Hope everyone has had a wonderful week of getting ahead and saving.
Thanks Lorna for the Mothers day wishes...that definitely includes all mothers. Husband says it looks to him like it holds 40 to 50 gallons.
What a nice friend..that bbq will make cooking easy!
I wish I could see your listings on ebay..they won't let me see Australia. I guess that would make sense with postage but it would be nice to see.
Great savings this week Lorna! Have a great week.
Post a Comment