Free Kindle Books and deals for today 6/29/20! Make sure you check the price before you buy, Amazon prices can change frequently. If you don’t have a Kindle you can download your favorite Kindle Book on any tablet or smartphone with a free Kindle app
**As a Amazon affiliate I earn a small percentage when you purchase items from one of my links (the item doesn't have to be what I have linked here). Thanks so much for helping to support Vickie's Kitchen and Garden! Here is my link: https://amzn.to/2JNeMqO
I Fixed It!
I had been listening to the ceiling fan vibrate in the computer room for ages and it just kept getting louder and louder. This morning was the loudest so I turned it off and immediately started dying from the heat (it doesn't take much for me). You know how you run all the scenarios in your mind, like I guess we will have to buy a new one and then I thought, oh no, someone around here will have to install it. Really, I knew if we put our minds to it we could put one in without a problem. It's just a lot of trouble to go through right now, if you know what I mean.
I watched a you tube video just now and it was such a simple fix! I just tightened the globe with a screwdriver. Seriously, that was all and 80% of the noise was gone (I refuse to worry about the other 20%). I fixed something!
Have you fixed something lately?
What is happening in your neck of the woods today?
Macramé Projects: A Step-by-Step Guide with 29 Projects to Create Stunning Plant Hanger, Backdrops and Plant Hanger Wall Art, Pillows and More
Books for Girls - 4 Great Stories for 8 to 12 year olds: Julia Jones' Diary, Horse Mad Girl, Diary of an Almost Cool Girl and Diary of Mr TDH
Be sure to
sign up for my daily email list and never miss a post! You
can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook,and Bloglovin where I share my frugal list, gardening, recipes, Free Kindle books, and more
**Have you tried Swagbucks yet? It's a great way to earn free gift cards!
**ThredUP has great prices on gently used clothes. If you shop with my link you will get a credit of $10 for your first purchase and I will too! Get 20% off your entire order with code THRIFTY20
I laughed so hard at your ceiling fan story! I had that happen years ago, and I did the same-oh darn we gotta buy a new one how much is it gonna coast and how the heck do you install a new ceiling fan--worrying. Of course, there was no YouTube back then, but I was determined not to spend if I didn't have to. So I climbed on the bed and looked at the fan, and when I touched the light globe, I found that it was loose. A simple turn of a screwdriver, and we were back in business!
There is nothing worse for household noise than a ceiling fan! I am so glad it was an easy fix. We got to go to fireworks last night! They were at a nearby church and we were able to pull in and get out our chairs and watch and no one was within 20 feet of us. Yay! Now it feels like summer. We had a coupon for 50 cent milkshakes so we went for those after. It was a great outing!
That's amazing isn't it? Something so easy to fix and we didn't have to spend any money. Wish I had looked that up before, it was giving me headache. I love that saying-were back in business.
Oh that sounds like such a great outing! I love that other places are stepping in for us to have fun still and to get a milkshake for .50 can't be beat!
The internet has saved us so much money! We always google the problem before we do anything else & surprisingly 80 or 90% of the time we (or he!) can fix it.
Great job fixing your fan!
We are in the season of breakages, but thankfully dh is handy and able to fix many things. Although he told me last night if anything else wasn't working, he didn't want to know.
Hope you have a good week.
Sometimes I do dread telling the husband about something that needs fixing. Isn't it great that they figure this stuff out? I guess that's why I was so happy I did it myself for once. it may not happen again for awhile haha Hope you have a good week too Kathy.
Jenny, We just donated some very large home improvement books that were gathering dust in the garage. The internet has also saved us space! It's amazing what you can fix with a quick search.
What a great idea to look for a youtube video that might help! :-) Great job!
Youtube has saved me a lot of money -so glad for the vloggers there. Have a great day Melissa!
Post a Comment