Here are the ways I've saved this past week:
In the garden I harvested purple onions, potatoes, tomatoes, and some zinnias for bouquets.
We had just enough potatoes to fry with our fish on Friday. We caught these fish awhile ago and froze them.
We took a free ride in a Jeep Rubicon at a new off road track yesterday. It was a lot of fun! The only problem I had was that we sat in the back and I never could get my seat belt right. With each bump we went over, it thought we were in an accident, tightened up, and almost chocked me to death. I found out that my husband took his off and was just acting like it was on. Stinker, he needs to give me a clue! ha ha
I found a coupon at Meijer someone left at the self checkout for a free bag of sliced cheese ($3.19). I used it for stuffed peppers.
I sold my old instant pot on Facebook.
A neighbor gave husband some much needed help and he gave him the lawn seeder we found last week trash picking. He said he really needed one like that.
This week it rained off and on the night we went trash picking, so we didn't find much. We did find a outdoor chair and side table that I have plans to paint. The birdhouse was from awhile ago. I will show the after picture as soon as I get done.
I froze all the corn we bought last week.
I'm dehydrating tomatoes for the first time this year. I plan on making tomato powder to use in recipes.
My Goals for this week:
Continue harvesting the garden.
How did you save money this past week?
As a Amazon affiliate I earn a small percentage when you purchase items from one of my links (the item doesn't have to be what I have linked here). Thanks so much for helping to support Vickie's Kitchen and Garden! Here is my link: https://amzn.to/2JNeMqO
Have you tried Swagbucks yet? It's a great way to earn free gift cards!
Be sure to
Looks like another great week! I had to lol imagining your uncomfortable seat belt in the jeep. My daughter used to drive a jeep and I could barely get inside, it was raised so high. And then the seat was so tiny, I was so uncomfortable. I kept telling her "this is not a mom car." She finally upgraded to a big truck. (rolling my eyes) It's still hot here in NC.
Your so right, it's definitely not a family vehicle! We talked a lot about that on the way home.
Truck is more useful I think if you have enough room for the family. I hope she likes it.
I hope you get a cool down soon. I've heard about the heat.
I love the chair...it will be beautiful painted.
I watched a very sick grandbaby every day this past week so I didn't get much but I am happy with my list.
My friend (who gives me clothes) gave me a very nice wooden puzzle for my grandson & two more blouses.
My husband googled how to fix his car window. It wouldn't roll up. He ordered the part & was able to put it in himself.
I recovered an old bulletin board with fabric for my craft room. I thought about getting something new but then went through my fabric stash & found a really simple vintage pattern fabric in blue & white. I've decided to paint the frame as well. I probably should have done that first but oh well.
I wish we were having your weather. It is still very hot and DRY!
I love the top picture of the window!! It just says home. Good catch on the chair and table. That will be nice painted.
Have a great week.
I'm so sorry about the grandbabies sickness. Hope that he gets better soon.
We've had that window problem before. I'm glad he was able to fix it.
You still had a great week Jenny!
I was out in the porch where I took that picture Cheryl. With the cooler weather the spider webs are everywhere. That was my job for the day.
Have a great week too Cheryl.
Ugh! The front passenger seat in our Honda Odyssey has a seat belt that does that. I am constantly taking it off and refastening it on trips. Our middle son's Odyssey doesn't do that so there may be something wrong with ours. I think I need to ask our oldest son who has an Odyssey if theirs does it. That son is an engineer on the Odyssey and yes our family drives a fleet of them! When everyone is home our driveway looks like a Honda dealership!
We did the Pumpkin Spice $10 bonus on 8 items on iBotta and got the eight required items for only $1.02 since some had overages with the regular cash back and the bonus. We got 4 pounds of organic pasta, a pkg of salami, a box of tissues, a jar of Hellman's mayo, and a can of baked beans.
It is still crazy hot here in SC. Your cool weather sounds lovely.
I pulled several things from the garden that are just spent, but still have yellow zucc, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers. They have slowed down.
Those seat belts are something. I imagine the rough terrain just made it do that much more in the Jeep. I can just imagine all the cars in your driveway, Lana!
Great deal on Ibotta! Hope you cool off soon.
It's sad but I think the season is just coming to a close.
Have a great Sunday
Wonderful savings! Today, hubby and I used a gift card to eat at a nice restaurant. We were given the gift card last Christmas and just used it today. :-)
Vicky I am glad you were able to harvest so much from your garden and have a off road ride in a Jeep. Your DH should have told you but no doubt got great amusement from it :o. You always do well on your trash picking and usually pick up some wonderful things.
Goals this week are for me to paint the side of one kitchen cabinet and the wall behind ready for our stove to be put in this week. Second goal is to plant sprouted seed potatoes and turnip seeds in the vegetable garden beds.
Our savings last week added up to $208.34 :).
Internet listings and sales.
- Made about $25 from the sale of a 5 layer cotton eye mask and bread bag that I made.
- Listed 10 items on a free listing promotion saving $16.50 on usual listing fees.
- From IGA on special I purchased 5.47 kg of rump steak for $9 kg and pork thin sausages for $3.95 kg saving $114.05 over purchasing them in Woolworths.
- Also from IGA on special we purchased premium minced beef for $10 kg and 2 x 725 g packets of corn flakes for $3 ea saving $17.30 on usual prices.
- At Aldi we purchased 6 x avocadoes, bananas, kiwi fruit and macadamia nuts saving $9.39 over purchasing them in other supermarkets.
- In Kmart we purchased a pair of slippers on clearance for DH for $5, two pillows each and an electric kettle for backup supplies saving $51 over prices in other stores.
In the gardens -
- Planted one garden bed with capsicum, tomato and basil seeds and another bed with heirloom sweet corn and dwarf bean seeds.
- We used our grey water pumped from the grey water tank to water fruit & berry trees and about 1/3 of our back lawn.
- Used saved shower warm up water to fill hand washing water bottles and to clean the bathroom and toilets.
- Reused house dusting water to water the shrubs in the gardens around the home.
- Used some town water in a 4 lt ice cream container each day for the kangaroos and wallabies to drink as it is so dry.
- Watered in the newly planted 3 vegetable garden beds with town water from the drip irrigation system.
House maintenance -
- We took out one kitchen cabinet in the kitchen so we have room to have our new 90 cm oven put in.
- I swept behind it and DH scrubbed the walls and floor to clean it. The cabinet was sitting on the wooden floorboards but the surround had vinyl and boarding so DH had to cut some ply we had to fill in the hole so we have a level area for the stove to be installed in. I still need to paint the walls and the side of the kitchen unit where the sink is with paint I have left over from another project.
- DH put up a stainless steel bench we purchased beside the sink and then the new stove will go beside that.
Hope everyone else had a wonderful week as well :).
Oh what a fun date. Somehow free makes it better.
I so wish I could see your listings. I would definitely buy something! An eye mask sounds wonderful.
You did really well with the home improvement this week. I know you will appreciate a new stove and have a great time cooking on it. Have a great night Lorna
Have a great night Melissa!
You found some nice things trash picking. Love the tomatoes in your window- useful and pretty. :) Last week was a spendy week for us but I hope to be more frugal this week.
You know some times we just have to spend the money...that's why we are frugal right Evie? Have a great day!
Post a Comment