The easiest way I have saved money over the years is in the kitchen. Little tricks help me stretch my budget further. This leaves extra money for clothes and traveling.
I try to never forget my time is money. So if I can save a few precious moments I can have time to sew, crochet, garden, or play with the grand kids. It's all worth it!
Here are 6 Easy Ways to Save Time and Money in the Kitchen:
1. Not sure about if the new recipe will turn out? Only make half the first time. This savings can be huge if the recipe fails and the ingredients were expensive.
2. Did you just realize that you don't have a ingredient that you need for a recipe that you are making right now? Before you head to the store see if you could use a substitute or make your own. For instance, not too long ago I only need about 1 cup of powdered sugar so I made my own instead of going to the store.
3. No time for making freezer meals? Sometimes you just don't have a whole day to shop and make freezer meals. Instead just make two of the same meal you making now and freeze one.
4. Cooking on the grill and have more room? Make more meals! For instance, look in your freezer for hamburgers or hot dogs to go on the grill beside your chicken. These meals are easy and will taste great in the next few days.
5. Tired of making a meal everyday? Budget for eating out once a week. You may thing it goes against frugality but really the cook needs a rest. An added benefit is oven might get cleaned! You can read my post on how to save money eating out here.
6. Do you eat your leftovers? You missing out on a great meal if you don't! Dinner can be ready the next day in a flash with just a simple warm up and maybe a salad to go with it. You can even use the leftovers and make a complete different meal. My time limit for leftovers is just a couple of days.
What ways do you save time and money in the kitchen?
This post has been linked up to the Homesteader hop, The Homemaking Party, This is How We Roll, Thrifty Thursday, Financially Savvy Saturday, Happiness is Homemade, The Clever Chicks Blog Hop, The Art of Homemaking Mondays, Making a Home-Homemaking Linky, Waste less Wednesday, Homemaking Linkup, The Saturday Sharefest, Wonderful wednesday blog Hop,