Making a Fleece Tie Blanket is a great, fast and easy present. I have made three of these so far. It takes me about an hour to make one. It may take longer for first timers though.
You will need a total of 1 1/2 to 2 yards of fleece (smaller if making for a child). Get one yard for the main print and one yard of plain material for the backing.
For this blanket, I used 1 1/2 yards because it will be for my grandson.
1. There is usually a little hem around the fleece. Or, maybe if its a licensed print, it will have a white band that states their name. You will need to trim that part off.
2. With a piece of paper make a template of a 3″ by 3″ square.
3. Place fleece together so that the brighter color or pattern sides face out.
4. Using template, cut out a square on each corner.
5. Cut 1 inch strips all around the edge of the blanket.
6. Tie the 1 inch (front and back) strips together, making a knot.
You’re done! You've made a wonderful blanket that is great for gift giving!
Be sure to
sign up for my daily email list and never miss a post! You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook,and Bloglovin where I share my frugal list, gardening, recipes, Free Kindle books, and more
Post a Comment