We have had a two day reprieve from the rain and it feels so good to see the sun shine. Today husband will mow the lawn for the first time this year. Only the front yard though because the back yard is too wet. Someday we will dry out but not any time soon according to the forecast, the rain starts back tomorrow.
|My Tulips blooming this morning! |
I found money! Okay, I admit it was my own but still it was a windfall. When we go on a trip I use my camera bag as a wallet and stick extra money in it when we leave the car. I thought to look in it this past week and found $71 dollars! Yeah!
I had 10 cents off per gallon Kroger rewards, so husband went to fill up the gas tank there this past week. The man in front of him was filling up his gas cans plus his car and told him he was sorry it was taking so long. Husband said no problem, you take your time. After he was done he came back to our car and asked if husband wanted a $1.00 off per gallon that he had on his card from the previous month that was ready to expire. That nice act saved $16.00 on filling up our car. Husband gave the man back $5.00 and told him to buy himself some coffee. Gas money saved from a very nice man $11.00!
Received a bill from AARP to renew and I remembered seeing a deal on their website. I ended up saving $7.00 for a two year subscription.
Sold an item on Facebook.
I went to the Dollar General's clearance sale and bought some great deals. I also only spent $50.00 in groceries this past week.
We had the glass in our 3 top front picture windows replaced. We have six windows there and each one had their seals broken. This saved us over 50% or more of having new windows installed. We will replace the bottom three next year.
Went to many garage sales and found tools, clothes for grandchildren and me, brand new cookie sheet pans, new twin size sheet, winter boots for grandson, winter coat for granddaughter, plus more. We also went to the M15- 60 mile long garage sale but it was so busy you couldn't find a deal. We decided to skip this one next year unless it was on Friday.
Granddaughter found a princess dress, shoes, and dolls. She loves Fridays and can't wait to come to our house to go to the sales. I love this princess stage!
Goals for this next week:
Clean and organize the pantry and the canning shelves.
Be sure to
You had a profitable week with your found cash and gas savings. Good going! Your granddaughter is adorable. My three are about grown (oldest graduates college next week and youngest just got her drivers license). I miss having littles around; cherish these times.❤
You found $71 dollars!!! What a nice surprise!!! I love the princess stage too and your tulips are beautiful!!
Aww time goes by so fast! I can't believe your oldest is graduating college. They are so precious. These will be my only two so we spoil them rotten. LOL!
Sounds like a very good week and profitable as well. Great job. That sweet girl is adorable.
Not sure why I thought I needed to stick $71 in my camera bag! Well I didn't spend it so that's good! Have a great week!
Thanks Cheryl. You have a good week.
I love your "found money"! It is so fun, when that happens! My frugal ways for the week included being able to purchase a homemade BRIO table 4'by8' with storage underneath and hundreds of dollars worth of the classic train pieces, track, & accessories all for only $100. This is to have at my house for my great-grandson, who is almost 2. I am very excited to have this! I love classic wooden toys.
Oh your grandson will love it...I bet you can't wait till he comes! That will be so fun. Have a great day Kay!
I love reading about your savings. This week, we saved at CVS again. With coupons on allergy medicine, we were able to take $13.00 off of the $25.00 medicine. Also, found some Hunt's petite diced no salt added canned tomatoes for $1.00 at Harris Teeter. Hubby uses those in chili. Love the photo of your granddaughter. So sweet. Have a blessed week!
Hi Vicky and how lovely that gentleman gave you husband those that fuel discount voucher as it saved so much and lovely of your husband to give him money for coffee too. I love your granddaughters princess dress and dolls and she looks chuffed. Well done on the minimal grocery spend too :) .
Our savings added up to $1936.13 last week :) .
In the kitchen -
- Made a homemade cheesecake from homemade condensed milk and frozen juice from gifted lemons saving $69.48 over buying it in a cheesecake shop for the equivalent quality.
- Made a 1.02 kg batch of chocolate fudge saving $55.87 over purchasing it in the shops.
- Made all meals and bread from scratch.
Purchases for Groceries/Fuel/home maintenance and Medical -
- Purchased a 3 piece auger and extension poles saving $44.01 over another set I was watching on eBay.
- Purchased wheat biscuits, grapes, oranges, capsicum and hot dog rolls on special saving $6.36 over normal purchase prices.
- Bought rump steak for $9 kg (usually $23 kg) and 2kg of champagne leg ham for $9.99 kg (usually $17 kg) on super special at IGA saving $68.35 on buying them in the larger supermarkets.
- Bought 3 x 200 pk multivitamins, 2 x 80 pk probiotics, 1 x 400 ml 20 vol 6% peroxide and 2 x 40 pk fabric bandaids on special saving $35.55 on usual prices.
Finances and listings -
- Listed 38 handmade items on eBay on a free listing promotion saving $62.70 on usual listing fees.
- Paid our usual mortgage payment and another $410 over and above that saving time and interest on our loan.
In the gardens and home maintenance -
- Dug 2 garden beds and replaced half the soil with well rotted horse and cow manure and dug it through. In these we planted the potted Canna and Calla lilies and spider plants and mulched the beds with dry grass clippings from DH mowing our lawn.
- By working out our 3 water tanks are already linked saved us $1188.47 over the quote we got from a plumber to do the work including the parts we purchased to do additional work.
- After hitting the high pressure pipe that linked the 3 water tanks by digging in an existing a garden bed we repaired it and put in another gate valve in our water tank shed close to the house for the 3rd rainwater tanks as well to save us walking to the tank in the yard at night to change over tanks if water runs out in one. This saved us $160 in plumbers charges by doing it ourselves.
Firewood cutting and stocking -
- Discovered a huge fallen lightning struck ironbark tree in a rest area on the side of the road 10 mins from home when we went shopping this week. Seeing free easily accessable firewood we set off there today and cut 1 cubic metre of firewood saving another $240 over buying it in.
Hope everyone else has had a wonderful week :) .
Wow what a savings on allergy meds at CVS Melissa. I have been looking harder for the drug store savings and the General Dollar. I wish we had a CVS close by. You can get such good deals there. Have a blessed week too.
Great savings Lorna! Good deal on the firewood at the rest area especially when the price of wood is so high there. We pay around $60 or maybe even less for a cord of wood here. Free is good!
Fudge and cheesecake sounds so good, I bet yours is better than any you could buy in the store. Have a great week!
Post a Comment