It's been cool and rainy here this week. I'm thankful for the cool, the heat will slow you down for sure! I'm also thankful for the rain to help fill my rain barrel again and water the new plants in the garden. There is just nothing like a good garden rain.
I did get out in the garden last night just after one of those light rains and hoed a few rows of weeds that have already popped up. I've determined if everyone had a garden in their backyard, had pots filled with veggies that you have to tend to, or worked in a community garden, there would be World Peace (at least in your household).
Here are the rules you need to abide by so we can achieve this World Peace by gardening:
1. The number one rule is you have to be out there in your garden by yourself if you can. Multiple people can help in the garden at once I guess but there needs to be a big space unless you are helping someone plant. This gives you time to be by yourself to think, pray, and get excited about what's growing. You'll even have something to talk about when you go back inside. Life could start to get interesting and you may stop thinking about how the world is going to end.
Just so you know that you will be amazed on how much you will pray. Oh, you will start out praying for every need in your household then it you will start praying for every plant you have out there. My prayers this year so far have been like this for the garden, Help us with this garden Lord, we need these tomatoes to produce so we don't go broke buying them!
2. Work as long as you can and are physically able. In this way you are too tired to cause trouble or listen to trouble. Keep in mind though to not over do it because the soreness may not show up until tomorrow and you won't want to work in the garden ever again. The garden and weeds will be there tomorrow when you need a escape from the mad world again.
3. Work out there everyday that the weather is good and you can manage it with your schedule. In this way all your built up anger or stress releases into being mad at the groundhog or rabbit, that weed that refuses to die, or getting jealous of the next door neighbors garden.
4. Now I make it a policy never to take my phone (unless I'm home alone or expecting a important phone call). I figure if the phone rings, there is someone inside that could get it, and bring it to me if necessary. Usually they will call back.
***If you live alone, take your phone.
5. Share some of your abundance with your friends and neighbors. A smile will come over their face and they will think you are not too bad after all! See, world peace is starting!
6. On rainy or hot days don't stress, stay busy inside! Really, these are the days when you really can clean your house, clean your garage, change the oil (thankyou husband), read a book, craft, etc.
One of the things I love about our garden are the walks we both take every night together looking at the garden. We are always amazed on how it's growing and pointing at how many plants that are thriving. It's just peaceful. I think I'll call our garden The Peace Garden this year.
Menu for this week:
Sunday Soup beans, mustard greens, green onions, and cornbread
Monday Soup and Tuna Sandwiches
Tuesday Out to eat
Wednesday Hoping for leftover's
Thursday Hot dogs
Friday Grilled Rosemary Pork Chops, Mashed potatoes, and green beans
Saturday Rosemary and Thyme Marinated Grilled Chicken and a Large Salad
Breakfast: BLT's, Leftover bacon and eggs, Oatmeal, Fried egg sandwiches.
What's on your Menu?
Be sure to follow me on Twitter, Facebook,and Bloglovin where I share my frugal list, gardening, recipes, Free Kindle books, and more! You can also sign up for my email list on the top right hand side of the blog.
I do all 6! I am outdoors some every day of the year - I am a fresh air nut. Hot or cold - it doesn't matter
Exactly! I love it! Happy gardening!
You know Cheryl Outdoors is a the place to be, isn't it? It clears the mind and the soul!
Have a great day!
Happy gardening to you as well Lana!
Love being out in the garden :)I'm excited for all of the fresh produce that will be coming my way! Most everything is starting to flower and soon there will be delicious vegetables! We do need some rain though. Fingers crossed we get the rain that is supposed to come tomorrow.
Here's the menu:
Monday-Grilled chicken, cheesy rice, green beans
Wednesday- Pork roast with gravy, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli
Thursday-Pan fried chicken, cottage potatoes, spicy hominy
Friday- Sausage and peppers
Sunday- Ham, funeral potatoes, cucumber salad, deviled eggs
I love your plan for world peace. Maybe we could suggest this to the guys with guns.
I hope you get a nice rain soon Jennilee. Gardening is so rewarding. Your menu looks delicious!
Have a great day
I was hoping it would reach them and that would get outdoors to grow a garden.
Post a Comment