Monday, January 20, 2020
5 Great Reason to Love Leftovers and My Menu Plan for this Week 1/20/20!
Listen -it's cold. Very cold! Like 8 degrees or something like that. Brr...we are going to have that leftover stew and a grilled cheese today. Warm Hearty food. I love leftovers! Don't you? They are the best thing since sliced bread (what my Mom used to say).
4 Great Reason to Love Leftovers
1. You don't have to worry what's for dinner! That's all that needs to be said.
2. No waste! They say in America food is our #1 source of waste in our landfills.
3. Saves electricity! It will just take a few minutes to reheat saving the cost of electricity for your stove.
4. Less mess! There still will be dishes but you won't have any big pots to wash.
5. Saves money! You won't be putting good food in the garbage so grocery bills will be lower with less food going to waste.
If you jazz it up and make it new with side dishes or put it in a new dish, there are no cons. They are perfect in my books!
Here is what I plan to put on the table this week:
Monday Hamburger stew leftovers and grilled cheese
Tuesday Fresh Hamburgers on a low carb bun
Wednesday Smoked Pork Chops, mashed potatoes, and green beans.
Friday Stuffed green peppers and baked sweet potatoes (we didn't have this last week)
Saturday Homemade Pizza
Sunday Lasagna (made with zuchinni slices)
What's going to be on your table this next week?